Below is a list of points to remember in order to maintain a healthy head of hair:
- The ends of your hair should be trimmed every few months. Split ends will keep your hair from getting any longer, because the ends keep breaking off.
- Refrain from brushing your hair until it’s completely dry. The hair will untangle much more easily, and you’ll break fewer hairs.
- When your hair is wet, comb it with a wide-toothed comb. This puts less stress on the hair than using a fine comb or brush.
- If you suffer from greasy hair, use a comb rather than a brush. Brushes, particularly stiff ones, can over-stimulate the sebaceous glands on the scalp, making the hair greasier.
- Comb your hair before you wash it. This can make it less likely to get badly tangled during washing.
- The less product the better. Stiff, hair sprayed or over-moussed hair went out with the Beehive hairdo.
- There is one piece of obvious common sense which is… get a good hairdresser who can give you a good haircut – one that will stay right in all weathers and at all times of day.
- Elastics are probably the worst things you can do to your hair as they can cause your hair to break. Its far better to use scrunchies.